Fiscal Year Board Approved Budget
View the PDF documents below by clicking on the following links.
- 2012-2013 Original Budget Amendment (PDF file)
- 2012-2013 Original Budget Resolution (PDF file)
- Budget Resolution 2013-2014 school year (PDF file)
- Budget Amendment Resolution 2013-2014 School Year (PDF file)
- Budget Amendment Detail 2013-2014 School Year
- 2013-2014 Audited Financial Statements
- UYA FY 2014 – 2015 Revenue and Expenditure Projections
- 2014-2015 Budget Resolution
University YES Academy Annual Education Report
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (MDE)
GUIDANCE FOR BUDGET AND SALARY/COMPENSATION TRANSPARENCY REPORTS
Revised March 23, 2012
MCL 388.1618 Subsections 2 and 3
(2) Within 30 days after a board adopts its annual operating budget for the following school fiscal year, or after a board adopts a subsequent revision to that budget, the district shall make all of the following available through a link on its website home page, or may make the information available through a link on its intermediate district’s website home page, in a form and manner prescribed by the department:
(a) The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
(b) Using data that have already been collected and submitted to the department, a summary of district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts:
(i) A chart of personnel expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
(A) Salaries and wages.
(B) Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long-term care benefits.
(C) Retirement benefit costs.
(D) All other personnel costs.
(ii) A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
(B) Support services.
(C) Business and administration. (D) Operations and maintenance.
(c) Links to all of the following:
(i) The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit. (ii) Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district.
(iii) The audit report of the audit conducted under subsection (3) for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available.
(iv) Bids required under section 5 of the public employee health benefits act, 2007 PA 106, MCL 124.75.
(d) The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000.00 (NOTE: THE TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE MUST BE FULLY DISCLOSED).
(e) The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations.
(f) The annual amount spent on lobbying or lobbying services. As used in this subdivision, “lobbying” means that term as defined in section 5 of 1978 PA 472, MCL 4.415.
(3) For the information required under subsection 2a, 2bi, and 2c; an intermediate district shall provide the same information in the same manner as required for a district under subsection (2)
For compliance with the Best Financial Practice Incentive Funds Requirement (e), the district must comply with the following:
The district provides to parents and community members a dashboard or report card demonstrating the district’s efforts to manage its finances responsibly. The dashboard or report card shall include at least all of the following for the 3 most recent school years for which the data are available:
(i) Graduation and dropout rates.
(ii) Average class size in grades kindergarten to 3.
(iii) College readiness as measured by Michigan merit examination test scores.
(iv) Elementary and middle school MEAP scores.
(v) Teacher, principal, and superintendent salary information including at least minimum, average, and maximum pay levels. (vi) General fund balance.
(vii) The total number of days of instruction provided.
The intent of this Budget and Salary/Compensation Transparency guidance is to: 1) Provide the required form and manner for the data to be reported,
2) Clarify the timeline for reporting the data, and
3) Clarify the titles, headings, and relevant data to be included in the reports.
The legislation requires that districts publish the following data through a link on the district’s Main Home Page. If a district doesn’t have a website, it must either develop one or work with its intermediate school district to report it on the ISD web page. The link should be titled “Budget and Salary/Compensation Transparency Reporting.
Board of Directors Appointment / Reappointment (click here for flyer)
University YES Academy is currently in the process of reappointing and appointing members to the Board of Directors. This requires a commitment to attend monthly meetings.
If you are interested in submitting an application to be reviewed by the Board of Directors at their next meeting, please send a statement of interest and resume to Kate Levine at: email@example.com
Please call 313-603-2999 with any questions.